Somehow I’ve let more than 3 months elapse since last posting here. Ooops. Suddenly getting a job in another country, packing up everything I own, including 4 animals in varying states of health, finding a place to live, moving, etc, etc are all perfectly good excuses (especially as it took me 2 weeks to get an internet connection sorted at home and I only recently found my camera usb cord for transferring photos). But it’s still rather unfortunate. The first month or two on a new place is precisely the time that’s most interesting to document.
At this point it would make no sense to try to revisit all the impressions of those first days and weeks. But I can still note a few.
On Saturday morning, I made a long list of things I hoped to accomplish this weekend. Here it is again with the completed tasks scratched off.
- bake sticky buns
- get more seeds started
- finish cleaning up back deck
- return library books (and get others)
- add lace inset to black dress
- make planters
- repair window screen
- find bobbin holder insert for sewing machine
- take pictures for photo project [picture here]
- finish grading summary reports
- make chicken stock
- figure out fabric for library bag project
- make delicate wash bag prototype
- clear out at least 8GBs of hard drive space
- Mile End Jane’s Walk, Sunday @ 2pm
cinnamon-raisin-walnut buns with maple syrup glaze
Jane's Walkers in front of well preserved 1910-ish flats in east Mile-End
As for the rest, I made a good stab at the back deck (only a small corner is still really in shambles),
my summer reading nook, complete with dozing dog
and I did the initial leg work for replacing the screen and the sewing machine part (which it turns out is called a shuttle). The grading and the library trip will happen tomorrow. The rest…
Well there’s always another weekend.